How do you describe a witch? Most people would describe a witch through her outward appearance. It was believed that a witch is dressed in black, she had a large claws, she had a broom with her, and a pointed black hat. In other words, her appearance will let you feel scared to the bones! It is also believed that witches perform a black magic that can cause harm to others. They use magic spells which only them can take away the spell.
From animated films to fantasy movies, there are movies that shows about a witch that performs a black magic. There appearance actually differs. Some witch in the movies appears to be good, sweet, scary, and evil.
Witch Characters in Movies
- Glinda – She is a good witch who changed the lives of the people in her town in the movie “The Wizard of Oz “.
- Minerva McGonagall – In the movie “Harry Potter”, she performed the role of a professor, experienced and powerful witch.
- Hermione Jean Granger – She can be considered as a good witch in the movie “Harry Potter”.
- Louise Miller – She became a teen witch after discovering her magical abilities in the movie “Teen Witch”.
- Scarlet Witch – She had magical abilities that made her a superhero in the fictional movie ” Avengers Age of Ultron”.
- Alexandra Medford – She appeared in the comedy-fantasy film “The Witches of EastWick”.
- Theodora – In the movie “The Wizard of Oz”, she is known as the “Wicked Witch of the West”.
In movies, witch or wizards can have the characteristic of being good or kind and can also be wicked or evil.